Vellore Institute Of Technology (VIT) University, Vellore often considered one of the best technical universities in India was established with the aim of providing quality higher education on par with international standards. VIT University aims to impart futuristic technical education and instill high patterns of discipline through our dedicated staff, who shall set global standards, making our students technologically superior and ethically strong, who in turn shall improve the quality of life of the human race. The university currently offers undergraduate, postgraduate, integrated and research programs in the fields of Engineering, Technology, Applied Sciences, and Management.
- NAAC has re-accredited VIT with an ‘A’ grade.
- A 360-acre eco-friendly campus with over 50.83 lakh sq.ft. built-up space at Vellore.
- A 170 acre eco-friendly second campus at Chennai.
- VIT Chennai has 6285 students
- Students from 50 countries as well as from every state in India
- 381 faculty and 147 staff members are in VIT Chennai
- VIT has been accredited by TCS, Wipro and Cognizant for academic collaboration and placements.
- Entered the Limca Book of Records for Campus Recruitment.
Teaching at VIT Chennai is structured around several schools of study. A student should register in one of the schools, depending on the degree/programme he/she is interested in pursuing. Research labs are also part of the schools, encouraging inter-departmental collaboration and opportunity for students to participate in exciting research projects. The campus offers undergraduate programmes, postgraduate programmes and integrated programmes. In addition to full-time/part-time Ph.D., M.Tech (By Research) Degrees in Engineering and Management Disciplines, Ph.D., M.Phil in Sciences and Languages, are also offered.